The Healing Power of Roses
The delicate petals of rose have been known for centuries in India to heal and improve the skin's appearance. But did you know it even protects the skin from UV damage? The long list of benefits may surprise you...
A garden of roses truly embodies all things magnificent. The petals beautifully unfold as they grow, blooming into the majestic flower that holds its own. Though it is delicate and fragile, there is a sense of power that comes with this beautiful fragrant flower, both symbolically and literally.
Ancient healers in India who practiced Ayurveda (traditional Indian system of medicine, based on the idea of balance in bodily systems) recognized that this flower was more valuable than just being given as a gesture of love or used to adorn a home. It had healing powers. Crushing it and grinding it, they would use the delicate petals of the Rose containing many powerful properties to aid in various body and skin conditions.
In traditional Ayurvedic skincare practices, rose is amongst the most commonly used essential oil. It is used in cleansers, soaps, toners, moisturizers and serums. The long list of benefits below prove just how powerful this elegant flower really is.
Rose has been proven to:
- Balance moisture levels in the skin, so the skin stays hydrated.
- Tone the skin due to its many astringent properties reducing excess oiliness and tightening large pores.
- Protect skin from UV damage due to the high amount of antioxidants.
- Help to clear acne. Anti-inflammatory and astringent like properties help to get rid of bacteria, clean out pores and remove dead skin cells.
- Reduce redness and irritation associated with acne, rosacea, eczema, and more.
- Be a powerful anti-ager. It is full of antioxidants that help fight off free radicals. Preventing them from stealing oxygen from healthy cells causing lifeless, dull looking skin.
- Improve barrier protection to help skin retain moisture and a vibrant glow.
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes, dark spots, & acne scars. Helps to improve skin tone and brighten complexion.
Inspired from ancient Ayurvedic rituals that use roses to renew, repair, and regenerate is why we created the Bombay Tridosha Collection.
We wanted to bring the power of rose and Ayurveda to the modern beauty world to prove that the key to a healthy balanced youthful state is in the drop of a rose. Each of our products in the Bombay Tridosha Collection is 100% plant based and contains our own unique blend of essential oils, including pure Rose. Gentle yet effective, this line is designed for all skin types and can be referred to as tridosha, or balancing for all skin types. Even those with sensitive skin will find these products to be soothing and calming.
Our Bombay Tridosha Collection includes:
- Full Nourish Almond and Milk Cleanser
- Balance of Rosa Facial Toner
- Ubtan Rose Clay Mask
- Rose Aloe Facial Gel and Under Eye Treatment
- Soft as Roses Serum
- Rose and Tulsi Beauty Tea
- Glow Up Body Balm
Experience our Bombay Tridosha Facial
The Tridosha Collection is used in our new Bombay Tridosha Facial service, available at the Bombay Waterfront location. Our tridosha facial follows ancient Ayurvedic practices to demonstrate how the power of roses will naturally cleanse, detoxify, stimulate and nourish the skin.
Allow us to pamper you while you relax and experience the healing power of roses. Book your tridosha facial appointment today.