It’s been a flurry of excitement and activity here at Bombay since the government announced its phased approach for reopening businesses in British Columbia.
The big news? Bombay Brow Yaletown and Kitsilano locations are reopening Monday, May 25! You may start booking your appointment online as early as Thursday, May 21 at 10AM PST!
Locations Bombay Waterfront and Bombay Park Royal will tentatively be re-opening June 1, 2020. We will update here once we have confirmed the dates.
To ensure our guests, team members, and the community’s health and safety, we are closely following the WorkSafeBC Personal Services Protocols and have obtained BeautySafe Certification for our locations. For our detailed Safety Plan, please visit our website for more information.
We really appreciate your patience, understanding, and support during these times while we figure out a new normal and keep everyone safe and healthy. We know you may have lots of questions, so we ask you to please read this article carefully before booking and arriving at your Bombay appointment. Our top priority is to keep everyone safe as we welcome you back and perfect your brows :)
And, at all times we ask, for the health and safety of our team members and our patrons, that if you are feeling unwell, to please call to reschedule your appointment. We’ll help you get a new one booked up because It’s not worth the risk!
Booking your appointment
- Our Bombay Yaletown and Bombay Kitsilano locations will be open by appointment only effective Monday, May 25, 2020. Bombay Waterfront will be opening shortly and Bombay Park Royal is currently undergoing renovations and will be open by early June by appointment only.
- To book your appointment quickly and easily, we recommend you use the online booking system on our website. As part of the government’s reopening plan, we will require you to fill out our required intake form on every visit to acknowledge the heightened health risks at this time.
- If you are unable to book your appointment online, you may call the brow bar location to check availability, however phone call wait times may be higher than normal.
- We will not be accepting appointments through email or walk-in appointments at this time.
- You will be asked to fill out our guest health intake form with a COVID form. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have a family member who is confirmed or suspected of COVID-19, please cancel your appointment and reschedule when it is safe to do so.
- We will be charging a cancellation fee for no-show appointments or appointments with less than 4-hour notice as we realize the impact on our guests waiting for appointments and are unable to accommodate walk-in services at this time.
- If you are running late for your appointment, there may be an adjustment to your services or we may need to reschedule due to other booked appointments.
Arriving at your appointment
To reduce the number of guests in each brow bar, we ask that you please arrive at the time of your appointment and not earlier. If you do arrive early, please remain in your car or stay outdoors.
- To check-in for your appointment please call the location. Our receptionist may ask you to wait until we are ready for your appointment. When you arrive, please knock on the door or present your confirmation email and the receptionist will let you in. The doors will remain locked at all times.
- We are limiting occupancy to 1 customer per service provider. As we have no waiting area/space, please arrive on your own for the appointment, please do not bring guests or pets. If you require assistance or accompaniment please notify reception by phone prior to your arrival.
- Upon entry, we request you to please either wash or sanitize your hands. Designated washing stations and alcohol-based sanitizer dispensers will be available.
We request that guests bring in their own masks to wear during their appointment for added safety. If you do not have a face mask, a disposable face mask can be purchased for $2 (proceeds will be donated to Vancouver General Hospital)
- If you have not yet filled out our online guest and health intake form, we will ask you to complete it before coming in. We may also ask to take your temperature, and if you are looking unwell, our front desk and beauticians are allowed to refuse services.
Additional Health & Safety Precautions
Your health is our top priority and we have added the following safety measures for each brow bar location:
- All of our guests will be placed 6 feet away from each other. Our Kitsilano and (once opened) Waterfront locations will have no more than 4 guests in at one time, Our Yaletown and (once opened) Park Royal locations will have no more than 3 guests in at one time. We will have signs on the floors marking the required distances.
We advise guests and team members to avoid unnecessary physical contact. This includes shaking hands and hugging.
- We will be providing sanitizers at entrances to the locations, at the front desk, and all workstations. A hand-washing station with soap and warm water will also be available if it is preferred.
We will be providing face masks, face shields, and gloves for our beauticians and they will be washing their hands in between each guest. We require guests to wear a face mask as well when they are in the brow bars, for the safety of our staff.
We will allow designated time to clean and sanitize equipment and chairs in between each guest. Also, a thorough cleansing of the room at the beginning and end of the day.
We will be providing plastic containers to place guest’s personal belongings in. We request all guests to please handle the transfer and storing of their personal items. We will be sanitizing storage containers before and after each guest.
We will be using disposable tint brushes for our brow tinting services.
We will be looking at alternative ways to thread brows, however, we’ll also offer tweezing and waxing of brows - and we are really good at these services too!
There will be plexiglass placed at the front desk of each location, and we’ll enable tap options for debit and credit cards.
- We are removing rugs, pillows, and drapes to prevent the collection of dust and particles. We will also not be providing complimentary tea and beverages at this time to protect the safety of our staff.
- For retail-only transactions (including tabs and beauty products) please call in advance to make arrangements for payments and to schedule a pick-up. You can also order brow tabs, gift cards, and skincare products online at www.bombaybrowbar.com
- All beauty products bought in stores are non-refundable.
If you have any more questions about our health and safety precautions, please feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com. If you are booking an appointment then please use our online booking system or call our locations.
We thank you for reading this and recognizing the extraordinary times we are in right now. We’re so grateful for the outpouring of the love and strength of our community. We wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for you and your support, so thank you.
We can’t wait to see you again,
xo, Ravy and Team Bombay